We’re carefully monitoring the situation in regard to
Covid-19, and we will post any needed changes to programs as
they arise. If you have questions, please give us a ring. In
the meantime, we continue to welcome program applications. And,
we continue to offer our services of healing and refuge where
they’re most needed, in ways adapted for public-health
St. Mary of Egypt Refuge
The Refuge is a place where ordinary people come together in a
beautiful, natural setting for respite and support.
Throughout the course of your stay you'll have a chance to
experience the extraordinary through the people you'll meet,
the new things you'll try and by coming in contact with
something infinitely larger than yourself.
Are you ready for it?
• Registration is open for our O·W·L
Youth Camps for 2020 — for details, visit our new
camps’ web site,
• We are grateful to be able to be hiring for a
three-year contract position. If you know of someone
who’s ready to jump in, please direct them to our ad:
Outreach and Development Manager.
• Hospitality weekends, first weekend of
• Please join us for our annual Donors’ Dinner, Thursday May 28, 2020, at 155 Broadview Avenue in Toronto. Our guest speaker will be Sister Mary Rowell, CSJ.
• Would you like to be part of a planting weekend at St. Phocas Garden in May? Or help with garden work in the summer, or harvesting in the fall? Drop us an e-mail for more info.
• We are offering a new program this year — In-Depth Therapy Week. Receive an intensive therapeutic experience with one of three professional therapists on loan to us from St. Macrina Counselling services, who will be on-site for the week. Sunday July 26 (evening) through Friday (afternoon) July 31, 2020. Details here.
• We are starting another new program this year — Iconography and Iconology Residential One-Week Course. This unique course combines practice in painting icons using egg tempera and natural colors with theological formation in reading and discerning icons. Sunday August 2 (evening) through Saturday (morning) August 8, 2020. Details here.